We’ll be posting our list of OS X 10.9 Mavericks issues as they pop up. We’ll post to our Twitter account whenever we update this page.
Update 10/25/13: The upgrade for the most part has thus far been “friendly” towards design apps. Adobe confirms compatibility with CS 6 and later. With prior versions we haven’t seen any issues yet either.
We are however receiving calls from clients who are experiencing problems effecting other applications, multi-function printers, and syncing data between devices.
In the meantime, as tempting as it is, we are recommending that Mac users hold off on upgrading mission-critical workstations.
1. There are currently no available Mavericks (OSX 10.9) drivers from Canon for the Canon iPF650
2. Apple Mavericks OS X 10.9 and Western Digital – Data Loss – Some of the software that was bundled with external Western Digital hard dives could cause data loss when Mavericks (OS X 10.9) is installed. https://macmedics.com/?p=2812
3. Mavericks breaks some USB video adapters.
4. Adobe software issues: Adobe is aware of some issues when using Creative Cloud, Creative Suite 6, or Adobe Acrobat products with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
In some instances, the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application may encounter an “incompatible software error” and requires a workaround to be compatible. For the latest information visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/incompatible-software-mavericks.html
Lightroom 5 sliders appear different than previously. See this document for additional details: http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/sliders-lightroom-all-white-look.html
After Effects CC or CS6 doesn’t launch. See this document for additional details: http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/effects-launch-mac-os-109.html
Dreamweaver CC becomes unresponsive. See this document for additional details: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/dreamweaver-unresponsive-mac10_9-appnap.html
Adobe Flash Player may require you to remove sandbox restrictions from your Apple Safari player. Learn more at: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/removing-sandbox-restrictions-your-safari.html
Safari 7 may block the first attempt to view a PDF using Adobe Reader. Get the workaround at: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/blocked-plugin-alert-safari-7.html
5. Gmail is broken in Apple Mail: http://tidbits.com/article/14219